Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Emma's first violin lesson


Emma started taking violin lessons with Kate Elizabeth.  They are taking the suzuki method of violin teaching.  I don't know the full details of the program yet, but I do know it is focused on learning to listen to notes first.  It is also parent involved....meaning the parents go to the class and help the child learn at home.  Susan and I went to the first class without the girls.  The teacher just outlined some things they would be doing and told us some materials we would need.  We have to make a "pre-violin" and a "pre-bow".  Emma was a little disappointed...she thought she would start out with a real violin from day one.  (I'm glad she didn't because she and Kate Elizabeth have dropped their pre-violins a couple of times already!) 

In their first lesson, the girls learned the parts to the violin and bow, foot positions, and how to hold their violins.


0 comments: