Emma started taking violin lessons at Converse College back in January. We decided to try a method of teaching called the Suzuki method. It is a method of teaching that focuses a lot on learning by listening. The first 12 weeks or so seemed to move very slowly as far as her progress. Her teacher had to take a new job, so she found a new teacher to take her place for the remaining 4 weeks. This new teacher, Jennifer Peters, likes to combine the Suzuki method with traditional teaching. She really made a lot of progress with the girls in her few short weeks with them. They started playing with their bows, which really got them excited! I loved seeing Emma's face the first time she heard herself playing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star!
When Jennifer suggested the girls participate in the recital, I wasn't too sure if it was a good idea or not. They had barely started playing. But Jennifer thought it would help them feel like they had really accomplished something...which they had! So we went for it! And I am so glad we did! Emma did so good! She didn't get scared or nervous at all! She walked right up in front of that huge crowd of people and played like a rock star! I was SO proud of her!
We are going to take lessons this summer. I think it will be good for her to continue forward since she has made so much progress lately! I can't wait to see how she learns and grows!






0 comments:
Post a Comment