Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Quiet moments after naptime

All of a sudden, Ryan has become ALL boy.  It is like it happened overnight.  He went from being pretty laid back to this jumping, talking ball of energy. 

He asks the same question 10 times.  And after the 1st time of answering, he can tell you the answer...I think he just likes to hear himself talk. 

While trying to get him dressed, he twists and turns.  His pants are never on straight after the first attempt.

He wants to do things by himself.  "I do it!" 

He has to check out everything!  Sometimes it takes FOREVER just to make it the few steps to the van to go somewhere.  He wants to play with the toys in the garage on the way, or get in on the wrong side of the van, or find his bear.  Anything that will keep him from going directly to the van in a timely fashion.

He even looks more like a big boy.

But as much energy as he has lately, little dude still loves his naps!  Today, as I was sitting in the dark room rocking him after his nap, he was especially sweet.  He said "Mommy, I am going to love you HARD!" as he gave me a really tight hug.  Those quiet moments are some of the best!  I treasure them.  Because as soon as he really wakes up and hits the ground, I know I am going to be on my toes again!

0 comments: