Saturday, May 23, 2009

My sweet boy is ONE!

Wow, Ryan's first year totally flew by! I cannot believe my baby boy is one already! He has been such an amazing joy! And I am cherishing each "first" in his life because they are the last "baby firsts" we experience! He is making a lot of sounds now like da da, ma ma, buh-bye, uh oh, and a few other similar sounds. He waves now...all the time! He LOVES to eat. Seriously. If we are eating, he expects to eat too. And if you don't feed him, he gets really vocal about it! He isn't walking yet, but he can crawl at the speed of lightning. And he pulls up on anything and everything! He is such a happy baby! Really, the only time he fusses is if he is tired or hungry! I love the fact that he is so easy going!

May 22nd

We met up with Jessica for lunch so the kids could play. They had brought Ryan his first birthday present! He was super excited!



That evening, we still had a lot to do to get ready for his party the next day, so we just ate a quick dinner over at Nana and Papa's house. Nana had picked up some BBQ. It was really good! She had also made some birthday cupcakes for Ryan. So we lit and candle and sang Happy Birthday to him! He really wanted to grab the lit candle, so we had to blow it out FAST!

May 23rd

We went with a beach theme for Ryan's party since it was Memorial Day weekend. He had a beach ball birthday cake. And Olivia showed me some CUTE cupcakes on the Martha Stewart site. So, I decided to make them. I thought they turned out really cute! I used sand castle molds to hold the party favors.



We grilled hamburgers and hotdogs and had some family over. Aunt Amanda flew in from Pennsylvania just for the occassion!


I'm not sure what Jason was thinking!


We discovered Ryan loves watermelon!


This is Ryan's buddy, Ayden. The boys were born one day apart! We went to Ayden's party earlier in the day!


Ready for CAKE!


He wasn't too sure about it at first!




This is my favorite picture, by far!

This is a close second!


Ryan was stylin' his new rocking chair. My mom gives all the grandchildren a wooden rocker for their first birthday!

0 comments: