Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Emma's first day of 1st grade

Today was Emma's first day of 1st grade! She is in Mrs. Whittaker's class. She was so excited! She ate her breakfast in record time...which is unusual for her! It usually takes her a while to eat even the smallest breakfast. But this morning, she was ready to go! I didn't go up to the school like I did last year. But her daddy took her and walked her to her class. He was a little sad because she barely said good-bye! She was too excited to go pick out where she wanted to sit! I consider that a good thing though. I would much rather her be that excited rather than scared and tearful!

I couldn't wait to pick her up today to see how things went. She had a great day! There is a little girl in her class that she already knew. They ended up sitting beside each other. She said they did a little math, colored, and got to draw on the new promethium board. She also said she won a prize from her teacher. I am not quite sure what for...but she got a little bag of candy.

She can't wait for tomorrow...

2 comments:

Leigh said...

WOW! Time sure flies!! I remember the day she walked into my 3K class...WOW, WOW, WOW!

She is just beautiful and all grown up! Glad she had a great day!

JESSICA said...

She looked adorable! I'm glad both kids are adjusting well to FIRST GRADE!!