Friday, November 27, 2009

No more Black Friday shopping for me!

Last night, Julie and I went to see a late showing of New Moon.  It was SO good!  I want to see it again!  The movie was over around 12:15am.  We left the theater and went to Toys R Us.  They opened at midnight.  When we got there, the line outside had been moving for over 15 minutes already, and yet it was still really long.  We decided that we didn't want to get in the madness, so I started to leave the parking lot.  However, we found a front row spot, so we thought we would just go in and look around.  I started pulling into the spot, and had to back up a little because I was at a bad angle.  While I was straightening up, a car came out of nowhere and pulled into my spot...nearly hitting me.  I sat there for a second totally stunned.  The people in line were mad at the woman too...and started yelling at her.  I just pulled away and parked in another spot.  As we were walking past the woman that did me wrong, we noticed a cop headed her way.  Apparently she got busted for a suspended license.  I had to laugh just a little!

Julie and went in, but the place was a madhouse.  You couldn't even move to get to the stuff you wanted.  There were lines just to look at certain things, and the lines for the checkouts were ridiculous. 

I decided Black Friday wasn't for me.  I will gladly pay a little extra for certain things, because I will not be going out in the madness again any time soon!

0 comments: