Monday, June 9, 2008

Monday update from the hospital

So, last night around 7, I spiked another 104.3 temp. That cause severe chills, headache and vomiting. It was sheer misery. My FIL was here and got my nurse. They gave me Tylenol, Morphine, something for nausea and packed me in ice again. I found out today that the antibiotics they put me on yesterday probably attacked the bacteria causing my temp to spike. They said that hopefully with two IV bags of it in my system now, that it won't happen tonight. I PRAY that it doesn't. I can't take much more.

UPDATE....the neurologist just came by. He said the infection most likely came from the catheter I had in ICU...so a urinary thing. But nothing has come back to say that is it for sure. We are still waiting on a name. He also said that probably Wednesday or Thursday they will do a CTA which means Cat Scan Angiogram. They will inject me with dye and look to completely rule out an aneurisym. THEN they may let me go home. Until then I am still under precautions.My headache has been a little more dull today, but has it moments were it gets worse. They have kept me on the strong meds.The good news is that I have had no fever today! Let's pray the antibiotic is truly working!

0 comments: