Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sea World

We decided we would head to Sea World for our first full day.  It was overcast and there was a high chance of rain, but we packed some parkas and headed on out!  One of the things we knew we wanted to do was see the Shamu show, so we headed straight to the Shamu Stadium.  The girls absolutely LOVED seeing the killer whales!  And I loved watching their faces during the show! 

We ate lunch at a neat restaurant called Sharks.  We had to put a reservation in early that morning, so when it came our time, we were able to just go in and sit down.  We got a table by the HUGE shark tanks.  It was pretty cool.  Actually, that was the neatest part.  The food was good, but VERY overpriced.  A kids hot dog was $8!  My mom and I thought we would split a shrimp cocktail...yeah, $8 for 3 shrimp.  Crazy!

After lunch we went to let the girls pick out an oyster so they could get their very own pearl.  I did this when I was little, so I thought it would be neat for my girls to do it.  I still have my pearl.  There were two divers in a big tank.  One of them brought up several oysters for them to choose from.  The diver told them that the ugliest shells produced the nicest pearls.  (Not sure if that is truth or not...she was probably just pulling our leg!)  Anyway, after they got their oysters, the host running the show had them tap on the shells and say "Opa Opa Oyster".  I have no idea what that means!  But both girls got beautiful pearls!
Next, we went to the sea lion show.  We really liked this one.  But I think we were just as entertained by the mime that entertained the crowd before the show.  He would make fun of different people that were entering the stadium looking for seats.  Most of them had no idea.  We laughed SO hard!

After this, the rain started.  It was light at first, so we put on our parkas and kept going.  But right about the time we went to feed the dolphins, a lightning storm came up.  Mom and Em fed the dolphins in the storm.  And the rain never let up.  By 4pm, we were so miserable, that we called it quits.  We left the park, picked up some Outback takeout, and went back to the condo.

The girls ended the evening playing in the jacuzzi tub again!















0 comments: