Friday, August 22, 2008

Emma's first day of kindergarten!
















Wow! It is official! Our very first baby is now a kindergartener! We got her up at 6:30 this morning. She wasn't too hard to get up. But the first thing she said is "But it's still dark outside!"

Shane took the day off today, so we both got to take her! Thank you, Nana, for keeping Morgan and Ryan so we could take some time to focus on Emma! We went a little early and got a few pictures in front of the school. Emma was excited! We passed by Pam Harris' classroom and waved at Jeni. Then we headed to Em's class. Mrs. Hilton showed her where her cubby was to hang her book bag. We found her table. Then we got a few more pictures and headed out.

She was so cute when we picked her up! She immediately showed us the pictures she had colored. And she already has a "best friend" in her class!
I am very thankful she had a good first day! I think she really likes it! She wants to go back on Monday, so that is a good sign!

Oh my goodness! As I finished typing this, she just told me and Shane that she knew what a wedgy was. Shane asked her, she told us exactly what is was. He asked her where she learned it, and of course she said "From someone at school!" Great. First day of school, and she is already learning this stuff. Help us!

1 comments:

Sophie Morand said...

I was so happy to see some pics of Emma going to the big kids' school. I am sure that she will love it. I miss her, she is such a sweet little girl. Mrs. Sophie