Morgan had her first day of preschool at the ELC today. She was so excited about her new bookbag! She wanted to wear it on her back as we left the house. I hated to tell her she had to take it off in the van!
When we got to the school, she hopped right out. She was excited, and knew just where to go. She has Mrs. Katherine this year. It took her a little while to realize she wouldn't be in Mrs. Summer's class this year! She LOVED Mrs. Summer and Mrs. Cindy last year. But since going to registration, she knew that her new class was downtstairs, and that is exactly where she went. She marched into her class smiling. She had to show everyone her new backpack. Then, Mrs. Katherine showed her where to hang her bag. After that, she came in and sat down to work a puzzle. She even smiled at her new friends.
I took a few pictures and left at this point. All was going so well.
Then, at 11:30, I get a phone call from Jill at the ELC. Morgan had been having a meltdown. After talking to Mrs. Katharine, I found out she saw her friend Nicholas in another class and wanted to go with him back to his class. When she couldn't, she lost it in classic Morgan fashion. We are going to try Mrs. Katherine's class again Friday and see how it goes. But Jill said she was opening to switching her if we decide that is best. WHY do preschoolers have to be so difficult? Or should I say, why does MY preschooler have to be so difficult?
So, please say a prayer that Friday goes well!






0 comments:
Post a Comment