Friday, April 3, 2009

Riverbanks Zoo

Finally Friday! Whew! We had a really busy week! Friday we took the kiddos to the Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia. I took Emma and Morgan. My mom, sister and Ian went with us. We met up with Jessica and her family as well. It was a beautiful day! The weather was perfect...sunny and mild!

There were so many neat animals! We started off with the grizzly bears. Those were my favorites. I could have watched them all day! They really are incredible animals. We checked out the gorilla, but he wouldn't cooperate to let us see him. He sat with his back to the glass the entire time we were at the exhibit. Elephants were next. Morgan was not too impressed. She said they were stinky...while holding her nose! The giraffes were pretty cool. One came right up to the observation deck, so we got to see her up close and personal!

Then it was on to the farm animals. Now THOSE animals were stinky! I wasn't real thrilled being in the barn...so I wanted to rush everyone through fast! Morgan and Ian had to stop and milk the "cow". They were so funny! We laughed so hard at both of them!

Julie and I took the kids on a carousel ride. They had a blast with that! Jessica and her kids were also on there with us!

Then we went into a bird sanctuary. The kids got little cups of nectar to feed the birds. At first, I didn't think we would have much luck. (Apparently it is mating season for the birdies!) But they eventually came over to us. Morgan thought that was the coolest thing ever!

After some Dip N Dots, we toured the aquarium. Morgan saw a blowfish, and had to share her best impersonation with anyone who would pay attention! What a ham!

Then we met back up with Jessica and family for a show at the penguin exhibit. That was pretty interesting! I think Jessican and I were the only ones actually listening to the lady talk. The kids were more interested in watching the caretaker feed them some fish!

Finally, it was time for the gift shop! Emma got a pretty cool telescope. Morgan chose a green cup with a brown snake for the handle. Totally not what I thought she would go for! But she loved it, and had to have a little bit of Coke in it right after we bought it!

It was a great trip, and we had some really tired little kiddies on the ride back! It was a nice, quiet ride!





Morgan's impersonation of a blowfish!

0 comments: