Friday, February 6, 2009

Another milestone for Ryan

Today marks a lesser milestone in a baby's life, but it is a HUGE milestone for me. We officially did away with Ryan's "bucket" carseat tonight. I bought another carseat for him a few weeks ago. I have been putting off the transition for two main reasons. #1. The carrier is so convenient when you are shopping or eating at a restaurant. #2. He is my last baby. Giving up the carrier is like giving up that truly baby stage. I was just not ready.

I know he is too big for the carrier now. He has probably been too big for it for quite some time, in all honesty.

Shane installed the new seat in the van this evening and Ryan had his first outing without the carrier. He did great sitting in the high chair at the restaurant! But when I got home and saw the empty carrier still sitting in the living room floor, I nearly cried. That may sound silly to some, but it is going to take a little emotional adjustment for me.

1 comments:

JESSICA said...

I hope you are able to adjust as well as I know Ryan will adjust to his new seat. He is just a cute baby and I love that his personality is really starting to shine through.