Emma has been doing really well with her swimming this summer. She loves going under to pick up the sticks at the bottom of the shallow end. And she starting jumping into the shallow end a few weeks ago. However, she just would NOT jump off in the deep end...even with Shane waiting to catch her. There was some kind of mental barrier going on. Well, a few nights ago she was jumping into the shallow end and I decided to see if we could work on things a little! I stood a foot or so away from where she was jumping in. I asked her to try jumping from that point. She did. Then I would step another foot of so away, and she would jump from that spot as well. After another time or two, we were all the way down to the deep end. I think she was a little surprised that she was actually doing it! She went to the diving board and jumped right off without Shane waiting on her! She was SO proud. I think she must have jumped off that diving board 30 more times that night!

2 comments:
Go Emma!!
I wish she would teach Jonathan that trick!! Good job Emma!
Post a Comment