Well, we made it to the beach in one piece. (Almost had an accident tonight when I left the grocery store with no lights on...but all is well!) The trip to Surfside took FOR-EVAH! Traffic was horrendous. We had a new movie for the girls to watch, and they both had their Nintendo DS. And those things actually DID occupy them. They didn't, however, keep Emma from asking "Are we there yet?" and "How much longer 'til we get there?!" every 15 minutes!
But we finally got to our condo and met up with the rest of the family! We had 3 condos. My family is in one. My mom, dad, sister, brother in law and nephew are in one. And my grandmother, aunt, uncle and cousins are in the third unit.
When we got here, the kids were DYING to get down to the beach. So, they suited up and hit the sand. Morgan fell in the water almost immediately! I thought this would be cause for an immediate meltdown, but she jumped right up and kept going! Emma and Anna loved jumping in the waves.
This is Ryan's first trip! He wasn't so keen on the sand thing. I think he was just tired. I hope so, because this is one beach-going family! He HAS to love the beach!











2 comments:
Looks like a great beginning to a fabulous vacation!!
Glad you'll made it safely. Enjoy the week! We already miss you!
Post a Comment