Sunday, December 13, 2009

James Island Festival of Lights 2009

This weekend, we made a girls trip to the coast for several Christmas festivals.  Well, it was the girls plus Ian!  The group include me, Emma, Morgan, my mom, Julie, Ian, Gurney, Sarabeth, Leah and Anna.  We left Friday afternoon and drove down to Charleston to see the James Island Festival of Lights.  It was REALLY cold!  We drove through most of the park looking at lights first.  Then we parked and got out to ride the train.  The kids LOVED it...and truthfully, so did I!  It was about a 15 minute ride past of lot of the different light displays.

After the train ride, we headed to the concessions area to roast some marshmallows!  That was pretty fun.  The kids loved it!



















I had a lovey surprise as we left the park.  I kept hearing a thumping noise coming from one of my tires.  I thought I had a flat, but no...I had a big ol' bolt in my tire!  All of us married girls immediately called our husbands.  I didn't know what to do.  I have no idea how to change a tire.  After consulting with the guys, we decided to just go slow and try to get to our hotel.  No tire place would be open to fix it anyway, and we would be in a safer place.  Thankfully, the hotel was only about 5 miles away, and we made it just fine!  We got the kids settled in the rooms and I went downstairs to do a little internet research on places to take the van in the morning.  Shane had sent me a link to several places.  Coincidentally, the first place he found was the same place the desk clerk had recommended...Geralds.  The next morning, the tire had not lost much air, so off we went...it was only 2 miles away.  The guy helping us was SO nice.  After fixing the tire, I thought he was bringing me the bill...NO...he brought me and mom mom each a red rose and told me to have a nice day.  I was floored!  How nice was that?!  I had told him I was out of town without my husband, and he totally took care of me!

Ian was wiped out by the time we got to our room.  He was awake, but in a trance!





After breakfast, we checked out of the hotel and headed to Folly Beach for a walk.  It was really cold and windy!  Brrrr!  We took a short walk and let the kids pick up shells.  Then we loaded back into the vans and drove up the coast to Surfside Beach.




0 comments: