Sunday, December 14, 2008

James Island Festival of Lights



On Saturday, we decided to make an impromptu trip down to Charleston for the James Island Festival of Lights. When I say we, it was me, Emma, Morgan, my mom, my sister, and my nephew. We loaded up and drove down Saturday after lunch. We went straight to the James Island park. You can drive around and look at all of the light displays, then you can park and do other things. We went to the gift shop, roasted marshmallows, checked out an awesome sand sculpture, took a train ride, and played with Christmas trees where you could hit buttons to change the colors.

When we went to get tickets for the train, there was almost a 2 hour wait. We almost didn't do it, but we went ahead. I am SO glad we did it. It was probably my most favorite thing. The kids loved it!

After the fun at the park, we went to the Holiday Inn for the night. That was an interesting experience. We were all in one room with 2 double beds. Julie set up a pack n play for Ian. I got to cram into one bed with my 2 girls! It was nearly midnight before the went to sleep. I was awake almost every hour. And Ian got up at 5:30. Julie pulled him into their bed, but he never went back to sleep. Around 7, I heard Julie and my mom laughing. Ian had started poking their noses and being silly. Then they threw him into our bed with me and the girls. We were up for good then!

We had breakfast at the top of the hotel. The view of the harbor was beautiful. Then we drove down to Folly Beach so we could walk for a bit. The girls LOVED picking up shells. We found conck and olive shells.

Then we hit the road back to Roebuck so we could get Emma ready for the church children's musical.




The girls and their swords! I tried to talk them into these cute little butterfly wands...but NO!

Ian wondering how HE got the butterfly wand and the girls got swords.
Ian LOVED his marshmallows!


Morgan wanted nothing to do with the fire, so she ate her marshmallows plain!




4 comments:

Mommie Parrow said...

beautiful!! It looks like so much fun! You, your mom and your sister look so much alike!!

Rhonda said...

I love spontaneous trips...they seem like so much more fun!! It looks like you guys had a great time! :)

Summer Martin said...

I love looking at Christmas lights. Looks like you guys had fun!!

Addie said...

Looks like so much fun! Glad you guys had a good time!