Friday, January 23, 2009

I am HURTING!

After many months of urging from different friends, I finally decided to join Peak. I went yesterday and signed up. After filling out all of the paperwork, I met Jessica and we did the eliptical and the treadmill. I got in 30 minutes. When I got up this morning, I was so sore! It has been quite a while since this body had any strenuous exercise.

So, what did I do today? I went back. Jessica and Susan were there too. I did 2.5 miles on the treadmill. Time passed pretty quickly since we were all talking the entire time! I was just about to get off my machine when a trainer approached us. He wanted all 3 of us to come with him. You get 2 free sessions with a trainer when you sign up. So, we decided to see what he would show us. Well, let's just say, I will probably not be able to move tomorrow morning. I was already sore from yesterday. He put us through 30 minutes of different exercises. And it was pretty evident that I have a LONG way to go! But it was fun at the same time! We are going to meet with him again on Wednesday. I wish I could pay for a trainer, but it is too expensive. So I will just have to pay attention to the stuff he teaches us in the free sessions so I can do it on my own!

2 comments:

Dodi said...

Erin,
I worked at Peak as a trainer. Even though you can't afford one, if they're free, they're usually always willing to give you pointers or answer questions. Feel free to use (or abuse) them! Good luck!

JESSICA said...

I understand your pain!