Saturday, October 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Emma!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! To my sweet baby girl, Emma! I can't believe my first born is 6 years old! It really is true that time flies! It seems like just yesterday she was born. We didn't know what we were having! And to see that sweet baby girl was the best thing in the world! She looked like a little china doll.

Emma is a smart kid! She loves learning and going to school. She is a fast learner too! She amazes us sometimes with the things she knows! And she loves nature. In the spring, she will sit by Mere's fish pond and scoop up tadpoles and baby frogs with her hands. Or she will be trying to catch grasshoppers.

She is also a little artist. She loves a blank sheet of paper and crayons or markers better than any child I have ever seen. She is constantly creating masterpieces!

It is amazing to me how much she is learning in kindergarten. She has already written a couple of sentences! And she is picking up on German really fast! Every day when I pick her up, I always ask her if she had a good day. She always gives me an enthusiastic "OH YEAH!"

I love this kid!

She had a great birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese today. This is her 3rd party there...but that is what SHE wanted. So, we just showed up. We didn't book a party. It turned out really well!


I think Pop was playing this game more than Emma!


Gurney and Morgan bopping the critters as the popped up!




Uncle Jason and Aunt Julie gave Emma her first gift...a bag of rocks! Uncle Jason has teased her about it before. This time, he came through! Emma's face was priceless! (So was Uncle Jason's! Ha ha!)


Ian wasn't too sure what to think about the rat!



My mom gave Emma a very special gift...an opal birthstone ring. My great grandmother gave my mom HER birthstone ring (a ruby) for her 6th birthday, so my mom wanted to do the same thing for Emma.


4 generations!





3 comments:

Addie said...

Happy Birthday beautiful girl! That cake is so cute!

Mommie Parrow said...

Happy Birthday Beautiful Emma!! I adore that cake and the big bow!!!

Leigh said...

What a cutie!! Please give Emma a big ole' birthday hug from me! Happy Birthday, Sweet Girl!!