Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkin carving and Charlie Brown!

Tonight, we decided to carve the pumpkin. I was curious how the girls would react. Last year, neither wanted too much to do with it...too yucky! This year, Emma really got into it! I was surprised! She stuck her hand right into the pumpkin guts and loved it! Morgan wasn't feeling too well, and wanted NOTHING to do with the yucky guts! We bought those really cool little tools this year that help you carve. Those things really do make it easier! Shane even let Emma do a little carving...closely supervised of course!

While we were working on the pumpkin, we participated in another Halloween-time ritual. We watched "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown". I popped some popcorn. It was a fun evening.

Emma was so proud of her work! The pictures say it all!

Now, the kids are all asleep, and I can smell the pumpkin seeds roasting in the oven. Ahhhh!




2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh no! We missed Charlie Brown! That was the night of our "head cut" incident. :(
Maybe next year...
Isn't it funny how all these little girls don't like the "guts"! EK touched some for the very first time but it was only with 1 finger! :)

Jdizzle84 said...

Beautiful pictures erin! the kids are so cute! Maybe next year Morgan will be more intrested.